What is PROSTATE CANCER?
A cancer found in the prostate gland which is male reproductive part of the body. It is found in men . Prostate cancer is commonly found cancer .
Prostate is basically walnut shaped organ , small part which is wrapped around urethra tube which carries urine out of the body . It can be spread to other parts of the body particularly bones and lymph nodes.Due to prostate cancer , person feels difficulty in urinating or pain the pelvis area.
The abnormal growth of cells in the prostate gland makes prostate cancer which is male sex organ.
TYPES OF PROSTATE CANCER
- ADENOCARCINOMAS – Almost all prostate cancer are adenocarcinomas. This type of cancer is made from gland cells which makes prostate fluid.
- NEUROENDOCRINE TUMORS
- SMALL CELL CARCINOMAS
- TRANSITIONAL CELL CARCINOMAS
What are the SYMPTOMS of PROSTATE CANCER?
– Trouble in urinating
– pain in pelvic area
– difficult in urine system
– blood in semen
– decrease in pressure of urine
– frequent urine
– pain in lower back
– weight loss
– discomfort in sitting
– loss of bladder control
– swelling in legs
– neurological effects
What are the CAUSES Of PROSTATE CANCER?
– AGE FACTOR – Age factor plays the most important role in prostate cancer as people above age 60 years are more prone to prostate cancer
– FAMILY HISTORY – IF any one who has already suffered from prostate cancer in the family then the chances to get more cases for prostate cancer in the family increases.
– OBESITY – When the weight of the body is more then the required body mass index then the chances for causing prostate cancer increases.
– RACE – Prostate cancer is more likely to happen in black people as compared to others.
– UROLOGIST – Doctors who is specialized in the treatment of urinary system
– ONCOLOGIST – Doctors who is specialized in the treatment of cancer
DIAGNOSIS OF PROSTATE CANCER
– BLOOD TEST – A blood test will be suggested by a physician .
– DIGITAL RECTAL EXAMINATION – Digital rectal examination is a simple procedure doctors do to see the internal organs.
– ULTRASOUND – Scanning is done to see the stage of cancer in the prostate gland .
– BIOSPY – A sample is removed from prostate gland to see the prostate cancer .
– PET – Positron emission tomography – it is done to see the cancer stage
– MRI – MAgnetic resonance imaging – to see the detailed image of the cancer present in the prostate gland
– CT SCAN – It is done to see the coloured images 3d of the cancer present in the mans gland
TREATMENT OF PROSTATE CANCER
– CHEMOTHERAPY – this therapy is given to prevent the cancer from spreading to other parts of the body
– HORMONE THERAPY – In this therapy the cancer cells are removed and prevented of production of those hormone who produce cancer cells .
– RADICAL PROSTATECTOMY – Removal of prostate gland by small incision in lower abdomen.
– ORCHIECTOMY – This is a procedure of removal of testicles to reduce testosterone levels in the body .
– CRYOABLATION – In this procedure , prostate tissues are being freezed to kill cancer cells .
– SURGERY – A tumor is removed from the mans prostate gland .
PREVENTION AND PROTECTION
– Proper diet
– proper sleep
– antioxidant consumption
– increase in VITAMIN D levels
– regular exercise
– ABIRATERONE ACETATE
– POSID VIAL
CELEBRITIES WHO OVERCOME PROSTATE CANCER –
– HARRY BELAFONTE – Actor and singer diagnosed with prostate cancer , underwent the surgery to get cured.
– ROBERT DE NIRO – Actor and a director who was diagnose with prostate cancer underwent chemotherapy to be prevented from the same.
– CHARLTON HESTON – AN actor who underwent the surgery to prevent prostate cancer .
– JOHN KERRY – HE is the US Secretary of state in 2003 , went radical prostatectomy to get cure from prostate cancer.
– NELSON MANDELA – President of South Africa undferwent the suregry to get free from prostate cancer .