OVERVIEW AND USAGE
Brand name – Lenvanix
Generic name – Lenvatinib
Manufacturer – Beacon
Strength – 4mg, 10mg
Dosage Form – Capsules
Composition – Lenvatinib
Indication – Thyroid Cancer
Storage – at room temperature
Overview of Lenvanix 10mg capsule
Lenvanix 10mg capsule (4mg) is a target therapy medication that is used in the treatment of thyroid cancer. It is also used to treat renal cancer and liver cancers. The generic name of this medication is Lenvatinib. It is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor which helps in curing the cancer.
Lenvanix 4mg or 10mg capsule are receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors as they block the activity of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptors. It also inhibits other growth factors that are responsible for angiogenesis and tumour growth. As a result, it stops the formation of blood vessels that are important for the cancer cells. Therefore Lenvanix stops the progression of the cancer to the other parts of the body.
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Rash on the skin
- Mouth sores
- Extreme fatigue
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Swelling of hands and feet
- Blood in vomit
- Coughing of the blood
- Dark colouration of urine
- Stomach pain
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Vision complications
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
Lenvanix 4mg capsules (10mg capsules) is prescribed by the doctor hence, is taken orally once every day and it can be taken with or without food.
It is advisable to avoid missing any doses of Lenvanix 4mg and 10mg in case you miss a dose consult your doctor immediately.
In case of an overdose of Lenvanix, contact your doctor or any healthcare provider and seek medical attention immediately.
- Lenvanix can cause an allergic reaction in some patients therefore it is necessary to read the complete composition list and consult the doctor in case of any ingredient that induces allergies.
- Inform the doctor about all the vitamin supplements, herbal medications, and prescription and non-prescription drugs since Lenvanix can interact with them.
- Lenvanix can cause osteonecrosis of the jaw.
- Lenvanix affects fertility in both men and women. It is also advisable to avoid pregnancy and breastfeeding during the treatment with Lenvanix.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and avoid operating heavy machinery during treatment with Lenvanix capsules.
- Inform the doctor about past medical conditions like seizures, high blood pressure, low calcium, and potassium levels, and kidney and liver disorders.
Q - What is Lenvanix?
Ans – Lenvanix 4mg or 10mg is an anticancer capsule that is primarily used in the treatment of thyroid cancer.
Q - How can I take Lenvanix 10mg capsules?
Ans – Lenvanix 10mg capsules (4mg) are taken orally once every day.
Q – From where can I purchase Lenvanix 4mg capsules (10mg)?
Ans – Purchase Lenvanix 4mg capsules from Magicine Pharma.
Q - Where to store Lenvanix 10mg capsule?
Ans - It is advisable to store the Lenvanix 10mg capsules at a place below 30°C.
Q - Can I drink alcohol with Lenvanix capsules?
Ans - Avoid drinking alcohol during the treatment with Lenvanix even though no interactions of both are known.
Q - How long is the treatment with Lenvanix 4mg capsules?
Ans - The doctor decides for how long the treatment with Lenvanix 4mg (10mg) will continue depending on the condition, stage, and health of the patient.
Q - Can I drive after consuming Lenvanix?
Ans - It is advisable to avoid both driving and operating heavy machinery as Lenvanix causes dizziness and seizures as one of the side effects.
Q - Is it safe to take Lenvanix capsules during pregnancy?
Ans – Lenvanix can cause harm to the fetus hence, it is advisable to avoid the pregnancy or consult the doctor for the same.
Q - What is the strength of Lenvanix capsules?
Ans – Lenvanix capsules are available in two strengths –4mg and 10mg.
Lenvanix can interact with some other prescription and non-prescription medicines and interfere with each other’s workings therefore contact your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines –
Lenvanix can interact with some of the conditions like –
- Bleeding disorders
- Cardiovascular diseases (prolonged QT segments)
- Kidney complications
- Gastrointestinal perforation
Interactions of alcohol with Lenvanix are unknown however, it is still advisable to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment.
Lenvanix 10mg capsules (4mg) should not be consumed by patients who show allergic reactions to it.
Lenvatinib: Uses, interactions, mechanism of action | DrugBank Online. DrugBank. https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB09078
Lenvatinib drug interactions. Drugs.com. https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/lenvatinib-index.html?filter=3
Lenvatinib: MedlinePlus Drug information. https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a615015.html