Name: Medtronic Endurant II Stent
Endurant II stent is one of the leading stents used for the treatment of infrarenal or juxtarenal abdominal aortic.
A stent is a tiny tube that your doctor can situate into a blocked pathway to keep it open. The stent reinstates the flow of blood or alternative fluids, depending on where it's placed. Stents are either made of metal or plastic. Stent grafts are larger stents used for larger arteries
- What is the Endurant II graft stent?
The Endurant II stent graft system is indicated for the endovascular treatment of infrarenal or juxtarenal abdominal aortic or aortoiliac aneurysms in patients with the following characteristics:
- adequate iliac or femoral access vessel morphology that is compatible with vascular access techniques, devices, or accessories
- iliac distal fixation length of ≥15 mm
- iliac diameters with a range of 8 to 25 mm
- morphology suitable for aneurysm repair
- one of the following:
- aneurysm diameter >5 cm
- aneurysm diameter of 4 to 5 cm, which has also increased in size by 0.5 cm in the last 6 months
- aneurysm that is at least 1.5 times the diameter of the normal infrarenal aorta
- What are the features of Endurant II stent?
The features of Endurant II stent include:
- Designed to conform to the natural tortuosity of the vessel. Low-profile, hydrophilic delivery coating enhances access and trackability.
- Flexible, kink-resistant delivery system enables stent graft delivery. Tip capture for accurate positioning adjustments, including adjustment of placement proximally or distally.
- M-shaped proximal stents give wall apposition and minimize in-folding. Suprarenal stent anchor pins provide secure fixation.
- Increased density, multifilament polyester graft material provides lower porosity for resistance against aneurysm sac growth.
- What sizes are available in Endurant II stent?
Endurant II is available in proximal graft diameter 23, 25, 28, 32, 36mm and distal graft diameter 14mm.