Name: Resolute Onyx
Resolute Onyx Stent is the newest and most successful stent available in the market and is indicated for improving of coronary luminal diameters in patients.
What is stent?
A stent is a tiny tube that your doctor can situate into a blocked pathway to keep it open. The stent reinstates the flow of blood or alternative fluids, depending on where it's placed. Stents are either made of metal or plastic. Stent grafts are larger stents used for larger arteries
What is Resolute Onyx Stent?
The Resolute Onyx Zotarolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System is indicated for improving coronary luminal diameters in patients, including those with diabetes mellitus, with symptomatic ischemic heart disease due to de novo lesions of length ≤ 35 mm in native coronary arteries with reference vessel diameters of 2.0 mm to 5.0 mm. In addition, the Resolute Onyx Zotarolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System is indicated for treating de novo chronic total occlusions.
What are the contraindications of Resolute Onyx Stent?
The contraindications include:
The Resolute Onyx Zotarolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System is contraindicated for use in:
- Patients with a known hypersensitivity or allergies to aspirin, heparin, bivalirudin, clopidogrel, prasugrel, ticagrelor, ticlopidine, drugs such as zotarolimus, tacrolimus, sirolimus, everolimus, or similar drugs or any other analogue or derivative
- Patients with a known hypersensitivity to the cobalt-based alloy (cobalt, nickel, chromium, and molybdenum) or platinum-iridium alloy
- Patients with a known hypersensitivity to the BioLinx polymer or its individual components.
Coronary artery stenting is contraindicated for use in:
- Patients in whom antiplatelet and/or anticoagulation therapy is contraindicated
- Patients who are judged to have a lesion that prevents complete inflation of an angioplasty balloon or proper placement of the stent or stent delivery system
What sizes are available in Resolute Onyx Stent?
Resolute Onyx is available in stent diameter 2.00, 2.25, 2.50, 2.75, 3.00, 3.50, 4.00, 4.50, 5.00mm with stent length 8, 12, 15, 18, 22, 26, 30mm.