Brand name – Purplz
Generic name –Bendamustine
Manufacture – Dr. Reddy
Strength – 100mg
Dosage – injection
Composition – Bendamustine
Indication – Chemotherapy
Storage – Store at a cool place
Overview of Purplz 100mg injection
Purplz 100mg injection is used to treat blood cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and multiple myeloma. Bendamustine slows down the growth of cancer cells in the body by damaging the DNA and RNA of cancer cells. This injection belongs to the class of alkylating agents
How to use Purplz 100mg injection
Purplz 100mg injection comes in solution form (injection) or powder form, then mixed with liquid and injected into the patient's body. It is injected in the vein only over 10 minutes or infused intravenously over 30-60 minutes by a doctor or nurse in the clinic only. Bendamustine is taken once a day for two days and the rest 26 days are not given, this cycle is for 28 days and repeat this cycle 6 times. Sometimes your doctor will delay your treatment or adjust the dose due to side effects.
Purplz 100mg injection has several side effects which are:
- Pale skin
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Breathing problem
- Swelling in face, leg
- Night sweets
- Dry skin
- Joint pain
- Sleeping disorder
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Bad taste
- Stomach pain
If the above symptoms are seen in the patients, immediately consult the doctor for further guidance. Do not avoid the side effects symptoms because it may put you in serious condition.
You have to follow the doctor's prescription strictly for better results. Do not take purplz 100mg injection in the wrong way because it may give side effects and increase the duration of treatment.
If you missed a dose then do not try to take it twice at the time of the next dose. Consult the doctor soon for the missed dose.
If you have taken an excess amount, more than the doctor advised at a time, immediately consult the doctor for medical attention.
You should take the medicine the doctor prescribed for better health and to get recovery soon. Missed or over-dose will impact your overall health which is not good for your healthy life.
- Purplz 100mg injection may cause a reaction in some patients. Before starting treatment discuss all benefits and risks with your doctor.
- Purplz 100mg injection is only to be used in the vein only. During injecting, if it is leaked other than the vein, it will damage the area and may cause pain, redness, or swelling.
- If you going through some other treatment inform your doctor at the beginning of the treatment. Because those medicines may react and slow down the process or may give side effects.
- If you have or ever had cytomegalovirus infection, hepatitis B virus infection, tuberculosis, herpes zoster (chickenpox), kidney disease, or liver disease inform at the beginning of the treatment.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding women consult with the doctor first before taking this medicine. This injection will harm the health of your baby.
- Consuming alcohol during treatment is unsafe. Try to avoid alcohol during treatment.
At the beginning of the treatment, inform the doctor about the medicine you taking or have taken a few days back. Keep the list of medicines with you and show when you meet the doctor. Below I have mentioned some medicines:
Q1. What is the use of Purplz 100mg injection?
Ans - Purplz 100mg injection is used in the treatment of blood cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and multiple myeloma.
Q2. Can I drive after taking this injection?
Ans – Do not drive or operate heavy machinery because Purplz 100mg injection makes you feel dizzy.
Q3. Shall I plan for the baby during treatment with Purplz 100mg injection?
Ans – It is better to consult with your doctor beforehand because Purplz 100mg injection may cause severe problems for your baby.
Q4. From where I can buy a Purplz 100mg injection?
Ans - Purplz 100mg injection is available at Magicine Pharma's official website at an affordable price.
Q5. How long treatment will take for Purplz 100mg injection?
Ans – The duration of treatment will go according to the overall health of the patients.
Q6. Should I buy and store it at home?
Ans – You should not store it at home, it should be stored in the clinic only.
Alternate Brand name
Purplz 100mg injection: Drug information is available at: https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-150260/bendamustine-intravenous/details and https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a608034.html
Purplz 100mg injection: side effects, warning, interaction, and dosages information available at: https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB06769 and https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a608034.html