Brand name – Mycept-s
Generic name – Mycophenolate Sodium
Manufacture – Panacea Biotec Ltd
Strength – 360mg
Dosage – Tablet
Composition – Mycophenolate Sodium
Indication – Prevent organ rejection after transplant
Storage – at a cool place
Overview of Mycept-s 360mg tablet
Mycept-s 360mg tablet is used with other medicines to prevent organ rejection after a transplant. Mycophenolate Sodium works by making the immune system weak so it does not attack the transplanted organ.
How to use Mycept-s 360mg tablet
Mycept-s 360mg tablet is taken without food. For a better result, it is advised to take it at the same time daily. It is usually taken twice a day (before one hour and after two hours of having food) or as your doctor prescribes. After taking one dose take another dose after 12 hours. Do not chew, break, or cut the tablet, the only you have to do is swallow the whole tablet.
Mycept-s 360mg tablet has several side effects which are:
- Sleeping disorder
- Joint, muscles, and back pain
- Swelling in hand or feet
- Tingling, prickling, or burning on the skin
- Severe stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Breathing problem
- Pale skin
- Lack of energy
- Fast heartbeat
- Blood in urine
If the above symptoms are seen in the patient’s body immediately consult the doctor for further guidance.
You should follow the doctor's prescription strictly for better results. Do not take this tablet in the wrong way, it may give severe side effects and the duration of treatment will be increased. After starting the treatment, if you feel comfortable then continue otherwise inform your doctor about the problem.
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember but do not take twice a dose at a time. Do not try to take the missed dose at the time of the next dose. For missed doses consult the doctor.
If you have taken an excess amount, more than the doctor advised at a time, immediately consult the doctor for medical attention. You should take the medicine the doctor prescribed for better health and to get recovery soon. Missed or over-dose will impact your overall health which is not good for your healthy life.
- Mycept-s 360mg tablet may cause a reaction in some patients. Before starting treatment discuss all benefits and risks with your doctor.
- Mycept-s 360mg tablet is only to be swallowed whole only with water. Do not chew, cut, or break the tablet.
- Do not try to stop or change the medicine without consulting with the doctor.
- If you going through some other treatment inform your doctor at the beginning of the treatment. Because those medicines may react and slow down the process or may give side effects.
- If you have or ever had joint pain, anemia, Kelley-Seegmiller syndrome, neutropenia, or any disease that affected your stomach, liver, or kidney inform at the beginning of the treatment.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding women consult with the doctor first before taking this medicine. This tablet will harm the health of your baby.
- Consuming alcohol during treatment is unsafe. Try to avoid alcohol during treatment.
Q1. What is the use of Mycept-s 360mg tablet?
Ans Mycept-s 360mg tablet is used in the treatment of rejection of transplanted organs.
Q2. Can I drive after taking this tablet?
Ans – Do not drive or operate heavy machinery because Mycept-s 360mg tablet makes you feel dizzy.
Q3. Shall I plan for the baby during treatment with Mycept-s 360mg tablet?
Ans – It is better to consult with your doctor beforehand because Mycept-s 360mg tablet may cause severe problems for your baby.
Q4. From where I can buy a Mycept-s 360mg tablet?
Ans - Mycept-s 360mg tablet is available at Magicine Pharma's official website at an affordable price.
Q5. How long treatment will go for the Mycept-s 360mg tablet?
Ans – The duration of treatment will go according to the overall health of the patients.
Q6. What to do if I miss a dose?
Ans – You should consult the doctor for missed doses.
Alternate Brand name
- Renodapt s
- Mofilet s
- Mycofit s
Mycept-s 360mg tablet: Drug information available at: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a601081.html and https://go.drugbank.com/salts/DBSALT001740
Mycept-s 360mg tablet: side effects, warning, interaction, and dosages information available at: https://go.drugbank.com/salts/DBSALT001740