Mfd. by :- Natco (Fulfilled By : Magicine Pharma)
Magicine Pharma is registered with the Government Of NCT, India, Ministry Of Health in Government of Delhi, India, registration number DL-RAJ-122372 and as a wholesale distributor, department file No. 44208.
Brand Name: X-vir
Generic Name: Entecavir
Dosage Form: Tablet
Strength: 0.5mg and 1mg
Packaging: 30 tablets
Indication: Hepatitis B
Storage: Store at room temperature
X-vir (Entecavir) tablet is used for the treatment of chronic (when the infection moves into the
long-lasting stage) Hepatitis B virus. This medication works by stopping the virus from
reproducing and it helps to reduce the damage done to the liver by the Hepatitis B virus. It is
advisable not to change or stop the dose without taking suggestions from your doctor. If you
experience any symptoms while receiving this medicine, inform your doctor immediately. Do not
take this medicine in the wrong way as it may lead to some severe side effects. Avoid the
consumption of alcohol because it may increase your risk of liver damage. Store this medicine
at room temperature and protect it from heat and direct light.
Entecavir is a guanosine nucleoside analog with selective activity against hepatitis B virus
(HBV). It is designed to selectively inhibit the Hepatitis B virus, blocking all three steps in the
replication process. After the oral administration, the effect of this medicine can be observed in
1 to 1.5 hours.
Interactions may change how your medication works and increase the risk for side effects. Don’t
forget to disclose your previous medical history with the doctor.
● Aminoglycoside antibiotics
● Renal dysfunction
● Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor before consuming
● This medicine is not recommended in patients known to be hypersensitive.
● Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to Entecavir.
This medicine may cause some mild or severe side effects. Discuss the risks and benefits of
this medication with the doctor before starting the treatment.
● Abdominal pain
● Allergic reaction
● Irregular heartbeat
● Muscle pain
● Unusual tiredness
● Hair loss
● Acid or sour stomach
● Loss of appetite
● Difficulty with swallowing
● Unusual weakness
● Severe liver damage
● Pale skin
● Shortness of breath
● Swelling of the face, eyes, or throat
Note - If any side effects occur, please consult with your doctor.
Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop or skip your regular dosing
● It is advisable not to miss a dose. If you miss a scheduled dose of this medicine, contact
your doctor immediately.
● In case of an overdose, the doctor will provide emergency medical treatment.
X-vir tablet is an antiviral medication and this tablet is used in the treatment of Hepatitis B
infection. This medication prevents the multiplication of HBV in the body. Take this medicine as
prescribed by your doctor. The recommended dose is decided by a doctor according to your
previous medical condition and response to the treatment. Regular monitoring of blood tests is
required to check your blood counts and liver function. Do not chew or break the tablet and
swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water. This tablet can be taken on an empty stomach 2
hours before or after meals.
Before starting treatment with this medication, please inform your doctor about your previous
medical history. If you experience any symptoms while receiving this medication, do not ignore
those symptoms because it may lead to higher risk.
○ Use suitable methods of contraception to prevent pregnancy while taking this
● Children and adolescents
○ X-vir tablets are not advisable for use in children less than 2 years of age.
○ Do not use this medicine if you are planning to become pregnant. Avoid this
medication at the time of pregnancy.
○ This medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding unless it is essential. Please
consult with your doctor before starting treatment with this medication.
● Close monitoring of liver function is required for at least a few months after the
discontinuation of treatment.
● X-vir tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver dysfunction.
● This medicine may increase the risk of acid in the blood.
● Inform your doctor if you experience any side effects like - headache, anemia, diarrhea,
abdominal pain, vomiting, and dizziness.
● Do not skip your regular dosing schedule.
● This medicine may interact with other medicines. Do not forget to discuss your previous
medical history with your doctor.
● Not safe for pregnant women.
● Do not breastfeed while receiving this medication.
● Do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
● Do not crush or break the tablet.
Q1. What is X-vir (Entecavir)?
Ans. It is an antiviral medication and the tablet is used in the treatment of Hepatitis B infection.
This medicine prevents the multiplication of HBV in the body.
Q2. In what strength is it available?
Ans. It is available in the strength of 0.5mg and 1mg.
Q3. What are the side effects?
Ans. Some common side effects are:- diarrhea, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, nausea,
vomiting, cough, insomnia, etc.
Q4. Can I drive after taking this medicine?
Ans. Avoid driving because x-vir tablets cause dizziness. It may affect your vision and your
ability to concentrate.
Q5. How does X-vir (Entecavir) work?
Ans. This medication works by stopping the virus from reproducing and it helps to reduce the
damage done to the liver by the Hepatitis B virus.
Q6. How to take this medicine?
Ans. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Q7. What happens if I miss a dose?
Ans. If you miss a scheduled dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately.
Q8. Can I take this medicine during breastfeeding?
Ans. This medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding unless it is necessary.
Q9. What should I avoid while receiving this medicine?
Ans. Follow your doctor’s instructions about any restrictions on food and other activities.
Q10. Can I take this medicine during pregnancy?
Ans. This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy.
Q11. Does this medicine affect liver function?
Ans. Please consult your doctor before consuming this drug.
Q12. Can I consume alcohol while receiving this medicine?
Ans. It is not known whether it is safe or not. Please consult your doctor before consuming
Q13. What are the storage conditions?
Ans. Store this medicine at room temperature.
Q14. Does this medicine affect kidney function?
Ans. Please consult your doctor before consuming this drug.