Brand name – Bortenat
Generic name – Bortezomib
Manufacturer – Natco Pharma
Strength – 2mg
Dosage Form – Injection
Composition – Bortezomib
Indication – Multiple Myeloma
Storage – 20° – 25° C
Overview of Bortenat 2mg injection
Bortenat 2mg injection is a targeted therapy medicine that is used in the treatment of multiple myeloma. It is mostly used in patients who have had two unsuccessful previous therapies. Bortezomib is the generic name of this medicine and it is a proteasome inhibitor. Bortenat 2mg vial is injected intravenously by a doctor or a trained nurse only.
Bortenat is a dipeptide boronic acid derivative which functions as a proteasome inhibitor. It interferes with the functioning of the 26S proteasome which furthermore causes apoptosis in cancerous cells. Additionally, it arrests the cell cycle in the middle. Bortenat suppresses the NF – κB signalling pathway which is associated with anti-apoptotic genes. Thus Bortenat 2mg suppresses the tumours progressively.
- Tingling of hands and arms
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Increased bleeding
- Muscle cramps
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Redness and swelling of the injection site
Bortenat 2mg injection is a prescription-based medication that should be injected intravenously by a doctor or an experienced nurse.
It is advisable to avoid missing any dose of Bortenat but in case you miss a dose consult your doctor immediately.
In case of an overdose of Bortenat 2mg, contact your doctor or any healthcare provider and seek medical attention immediately.
- Bortenat can cause an allergic reaction in some patients therefore it is necessary to read the complete composition list and consult the doctor in case of any ingredient that induces allergies.
- Inform the doctor about all the vitamin supplements, herbal medications, and prescription and non-prescription drugs since Bortenat 2mg can affect their mechanism.
- Bortenat 2mg can harm the fetus hence it is advisable to avoid pregnancy and breastfeeding during and till seven months after the last dose of the injection.
- It is advisable to avoid driving and operating heavy machinery after injecting Bortenat since it can cause dizziness as a side effect.
- Inform the doctor about past medical conditions like peripheral neuropathy, high cholesterol levels, heart disorders, diabetes, and high cholesterol.
Q - What is Bortenat?
Ans - Bortenat 2mg injection/vial is an anticancer injection that is primarily used in the treatment of multiple myeloma.
Q - How can I take Bortenat?
Ans – Bortenat 2mg injection is given intravenously by a doctor or an experienced nurse.
Q – From where can I purchase Bortenat?
Ans – Purchase Bortenat 2mg injection from Magicine Pharma at an affordable price.
Q - Where to store the Bortenat 2mg vial?
Ans - It is advisable to store the Bortenat 2 vial at a place below 30°C.
Q - Can I drink alcohol with Bortenat?
Ans - Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Bortenat injection even though no interactions of both are known.
Q - How long is the treatment with Bortenat?
Ans - The doctor decides the course of treatment on Bortenat injection depending on the condition, stage, and health of the patient.
Q - Can I drive after injecting Bortenat?
Ans - It is advisable to avoid driving and operating heavy machinery as Bortenat 2mg injection causes dizziness as one of the side effects.
Q - Is it safe to take Bortenat 2mg injection during pregnancy?
Ans – Bortenat 2mg can cause harm to the fetus hence, it is advisable to avoid the pregnancy or consult the doctor for the same.
Q - What is the strength of Bortenat?
Ans – Bortenat is available as a 2mg injection.
Bortenat can interact with some other prescription and non-prescription medicines and interfere with each other’s workings therefore contact your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines –
Bortenat can interact with some medical conditions like –
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Lung disorders
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Liver (Hepatic) complications
Interactions of alcohol with Bortenat 2mg are unknown however, it is still advisable to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment.
Bortenat 2mg injection should not be consumed by patients who show allergic reactions to it.
- Bortrac 2
Bortezomib: Uses, interactions, mechanism of action | DrugBank Online. DrugBank. https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB00188
Bortezomib drug interactions. Drugs.com. https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/bortezomib-index.html?filter=3