Brand name – Crizocent
Generic name – Crizotinib
Manufacturer – Incepta
Strength – 250mg
Dosage Form – Tablet
Composition – Crizotinib
Indication – Lung Cancer
Storage – 20° - 25° C
Overview of Crizocent 250mg Tablet
Crizocent 250mg tablet is an anticancer medication that is used for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. The generic name of this medication is Crizotinib. It is a tyrosine kinase receptor inhibitor that slows the progression of the cancer.
Crizocent is a tyrosine kinase receptor that affects the ALK growth factor. ALK stands for anaplastic lymphoma kinase which inhibits cell death and furthermore promotes cell proliferation. Crizocent acts by inhibiting the phosphorylation of ALK which as a result stops the uncontrollable growth and spreading of cancer cells.
- Stomach pain
- Increased bleeding
- Unusual bruises
- Irregular heart rate
- Chest pain
- Loss of appetite
- Sores in mouth
- Dark colouration of urine
- Extreme fatigue
Crizocent 250mg tablet is a prescription-based medication that should be taken orally twice a day with or without food.
It is advisable to avoid missing any dose of Crizocent but in case you miss a dose consult your doctor immediately.
In case of an overdose of Crizocent, contact your doctor or any healthcare provider and seek medical attention immediately.
- Crizocent can cause an allergic reaction in some patients therefore it is necessary to read the complete composition list and consult the doctor in case of any ingredient that induces allergies.
- Inform the doctor about all the vitamin supplements, herbal medications, and prescription and non-prescription drugs since Crizocent can interfere with them.
- It is advisable to avoid pregnancy and breastfeeding during and till 45 days after the last dose of Crizocent.
- Crizocent can decrease fertility in both male and female patients.
- It is advisable to avoid driving and operating heavy machinery since Crizocent can cause dizziness and seizures.
- Regular use of Crizocent can increase the sensitivity of the skin to the sun hence, it is advisable to wear a complete covering and sunscreen while going out.
- Inform the doctor about past medical conditions like heart complications, and liver and kidney disease. Crizocent can cause vision complications in some cases.
Q - What is Crizocent 250mg Tablet?
Ans - Crizocent 250mg is an anticancer tablet that is used to treat lung cancer.
Q - How can I take Crizocent 250mg Tablet?
Ans – Crizocent 250mg tablets are taken orally twice with or without a meal.
Q – From where can I purchase Crizocent 250mg tablets?
Ans – Purchase a Crizocent 250mg tablet from Magicine Pharma at an affordable rate.
Q - Where to store the Crizocent tablets?
Ans - It is advisable to store the Crizocent tablets at a place below 30°C.
Q - Can I drink alcohol with Crizocent 250mg?
Ans - Avoid drinking alcohol during the treatment with Crizocent 250mg even though no interactions of both are known.
Q - How long is the treatment with Crizocent tablets?
Ans - The doctor decides for how long the treatment with Crizocent continues depending on the stage, and health of the patient.
Q - Can I drive after consuming Crizocent 250mg Tablet?
Ans - It is advisable to avoid driving and operating heavy machinery as Crizocent 250mg causes dizziness as one of the side effects.
Q - Is it safe to take Crizocent during pregnancy?
Ans – Crizocent can cause harm to the fetus hence it is advisable to avoid pregnancy during the treatment.
Q - What is the strength of Crizocent Tablet?
Ans – Crizocent is available as 250mg tablets.
Crizocent can interact with some other prescription and non-prescription medicines and interfere with their mechanism thus contact your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines-
Crizocent can interact with other medical conditions like –
- Vision complications
- Irregular heart rate
- Cardiovascular complications
- Liver disease
- Renal disorders
Interactions of alcohol with Crizocent are unknown however, it is still advisable to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment.
Crizocent 250 mg tablets should not be consumed by patients who show allergic reactions to them.
Crizotinib drug interactions. Drugs.com. https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/crizotinib-index.html?filter=3
Crizotinib: Uses, interactions, mechanism of action | DrugBank Online. DrugBank. https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB08865
Crizotinib: MedlinePlus drug information. https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a612018.html