Brand Name: Daclacure
Generic Name: Daclatasvir
Dosage Form: Tablet
Packaging size: 28 tablets per bottle
Indication: Hepatitis C
Storage: Store at room temperature
Daclacure tablet is an antiviral medication that is used in the treatment of Hepatitis C virus
(HCV) infection. This medicine belongs to a class of drugs known as antiviral agents. This
medication works by lowering the load of the virus and removing Hepatitis C infection from the
blood over a period of time. It is advisable not to change or stop the dose without taking
suggestions from your doctor. If you experience any symptoms while receiving this medicine,
inform your doctor immediately. Do not take this medicine in the wrong way as it may lead to
some severe side effects. Store this medicine at room temperature and keep it away from light
Daclatasvir is a direct-acting antiviral (DAA) agent that targets the nonstructural protein 5A
(NS5A) and causes a decrease in serum HCV RNA levels. It disrupts HCV replication by
specifically inhibiting the critical functions of a nonstructural protein 5A (NS5A) protein in the
replication complex. After the oral administration, the effect of this medicine can be observed in
Interactions may change how your medication works and increase the risk for side effects. Don’t
forget to disclose your previous medical history with the doctor.
● In patients coinfected with hepatitis B and hepatitis C virus, the use of this medicine may
cause a reactivation of HBV.
● Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor before consuming
● This medicine is not recommended in patients receiving strong CYP3A inducers.
● Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to Daclatasvir.
● This medicine is not recommended in patients known to be hypersensitive.
This medicine may cause some mild or severe side effects. Discuss the risks and benefits of
this medication with the doctor before starting the treatment.
Common side effects
● Unusual tiredness
● Shortness of breath
● Irregular heartbeat
● Chest pain
● Allergic reaction
● Upset stomach
● Trouble in sleeping
● Memory problems
● Low blood sugar
● Abdominal cramps
● Swelling of the mouth, face, tongue, or throat
● Pale skin
● Severe skin rash
● Unusual weakness
● Lack of strength
Note - Immediate medical attention is required if any side effects occur.
Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not skip or miss your dosing schedule. This
medicine can be taken with or without food.
● It is advisable not to miss a dose. If you miss a scheduled dose of this medicine, contact
your doctor immediately.
● In case of an overdose, the doctor will provide emergency medical treatment.
The use of this medication reduces the amount of Hepatitis C virus in the body and helps our
immune system to fight against infection. Take this medicine with or without food orally once a
day. This medication may take some time to show effect. Do not miss your regular dosing
schedule. The recommended dose is decided by a doctor according to your previous medical
condition and response to the treatment. Regular monitoring of kidney and liver function is
required while having treatment with this medicine.
Before starting treatment with this medication, please inform your doctor about your previous
medical history. If you experience any symptoms while receiving this medication, do not ignore
those symptoms because it may lead to higher risk.
○ Use effective methods of contraception to prevent pregnancy while taking this
● Children and adolescents
○ This medicine is not advisable for use in children and adolescents.
Warnings for female
○ Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Avoid this medication at the time of pregnancy.
○ This medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding unless it is necessary.
Please consult your medical advisor before starting treatment with this
● This tablet may interact with many other medicines. Do not forget to discuss your
medical history with the doctor.
● Inform your doctor if you experience any side effects like - nausea, anemia, fatigue,
vomiting, insomnia, and irregular heartbeat.
● Close monitoring of kidney and liver function tests is required while having treatment
with this medicine.
● This medicine may increase the risk of decreased heart rate when it is used along with
● Do not stop taking this medicine without your doctor’s advice.
● Not safe for pregnant women.
● Do not breastfeed while receiving this medication.
● Do not skip the regular dosing schedule.
● Do not crush or break the tablet.
● Do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
Q1. What is Daclacure (Daclatasvir)?
Ans. Daclacure is an antiviral medication that is used in the treatment of chronic (when the
infection moves into the long-lasting stage) Hepatitis C virus.
Q2. How does Daclacure (Daclatasvir) work?
Ans. This medication works by lowering the load of the virus and removing Hepatitis C infection
from the blood over a period of time.
Q3. What are the side effects?
Ans. Some common side effects are:- diarrhea, allergic reaction, nausea, anemia, insomnia,
fatigue, chest pain, vomiting, etc.
Q4. How to take this medicine?
Ans. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not crush or break the tablet.
Q5. What happens if I miss a dose?
Ans. If you miss a scheduled dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately.
Q6. In what strength is it available?
Ans. It is available in the strength of 60mg.
Q7. What should I avoid while receiving this medication?
Ans. Follow your doctor’s instructions about any restrictions on food and other activities.
Q8. Can I consume alcohol while taking this medicine?
Ans. Please consult your doctor before consuming alcohol.
Q9. Can I take this medicine during pregnancy?
Ans. This medicine is not recommended for pregnant women.
Q10. Can I take this medicine during breastfeeding?
Ans. This medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding unless it is necessary.
Q11. Does this medicine affect liver function?
Ans. Please contact your doctor before consuming this drug.
Q12. Can I drive after taking this medicine?
Ans. This medicine may affect your vision. Do not drive if any symptoms occur.
Q13. Does this medicine affect kidney function?
Ans. Please contact your doctor before consuming this drug.
Q14. What are the storage conditions?
Ans. Store this medicine at room temperature. Keep it away from heat and light.