LENANGIO 5MG CAPSULE
Brand name – Lenangio
Generic name – Lenalidomide
Manufacturer – Dr. Reddy’s
Strength – 5mg/10mg /25mg
Dosage – Capsules
Composition – Lenalidomide
Indication – Multiple Myeloma
Storage – Store below 30°C
Overview Of Lenangio 5mg Capsule
Lenangio 5mg capsules (10mg, 25mg) are an immunotherapy medication used to treat multiple myelomas. It is also used in the treatment of mantle cell lymphoma, myelodysplastic syndrome, and follicular cell lymphoma. The generic name is Lenalidomide and it is a thalidomide derivative. It exhibits antineoplastic, anti-angiogenic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Lenangio has immunomodulating effects and it showcases antineoplastic properties that is it stops the growth and spreading of cancerous cells. It also triggers apoptosis of the abnormal cells. In addition, it shows anti-angiogenic properties by inhibiting the synthesis of proteins needed for blood vessel formation. It also has anti-inflammatory activities, which regulates the stimulation of T cells. It also increases the production of the lymphocytes which further attack the cancerous cells.
Usage Of lenangio 5mg
Lenangio capsules are a prescription-based medication. It treats blood cancers like multiple myeloma, mantle cell lymphoma, etc. The doctor decides the dosage and course of the treatment. It is advisable to inform the doctor about all the details of your medical history.
Lenangio 10mg capsules (5mg, 25mg) can interact with some other prescription and non-prescription medicines and interfere with each other’s workings or increase the side effects. Contact your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines –
Some diseases may show interactions with Lenangio 25mg (5mg, 10mg). Hence, consult your doctor if you have any of these conditions –
- Renal disease
- Hepatic complications
- Thromboembolic conditions
Interactions of alcohol with Lenangio 10mg are unknown. However, it is still advisable to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment.
Lenangio 25mg capsules (5mg, 10mg) should not be consumed by patients who show allergic reactions to it.
Lenangio 5mg side effects
- Burning of mouth or tongue
- Decreases senses
- Loss of appetite
- Abnormal hair growth in women
- Uncontrollable shaking
- Unusual bleeding
- Increased bruises
- Blood in stool
- Painful urination
- Dark colouration in urine
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Pain in the upper right side
- Swollen glands of the neck
- Blisters in the skin
- Irregular heart rate
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, arms, and feet
- Muscle cramps
This medicine is prescribed by the doctor hence, it is advisable to follow the prescription given. Lenangio is taken orally once every day and it can be taken with or without food.
It is advisable to avoid missing any doses. In case you miss a dose of Lenangio 10mg (or 5mg, 25mg), consult your doctor immediately.
In case of an overdose, contact your doctor or any healthcare provider and seek medical attention immediately.
Read More Visit https://www.magicinepharma.com/
- Lenangio 5mg, 10mg, 25mg can cause an allergic reaction in some patients. Therefore it is necessary to read the complete composition list and consult the doctor in case of any ingredient that induces allergies.
- Inform the doctor about all the vitamin supplements, herbal medications, and prescription and non-prescription drugs.
- Lenangio decreases the number of blood cells, it might cause instances of blood clots, bruises, and bleeding.
- Lenangio 5mg capsules (10mg, 25mg) are not meant for children below the age of 18.
- Consult the doctor if you are planning a pregnancy as it can harm the fetus.
- It is advisable to avoid breastfeeding during and till 4 weeks after the last dose.
- Do not donate blood during and till 4 weeks after the last dose.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Avoid operating heavy machinery.
- Inform if you are lactose intolerant.
- Inform the doctor about the past medical history –
- Kidney disorder
- Thyroid disease
- Liver disorders
Ans:- Lenangio is an anticancer capsule that is primarily used in the treatment of multiple myelomas.
Q:- How can I take Lenangio 25mg capsules?
Ans:- Lenangio capsules 5mg, 10mg, and 25mg are taken orally once every day. However, it is advisable to follow the prescription given by the doctor.
Q:- Where to store Lenangio capsules?
Ans:- It is advisable to store the capsules at a place below 30°C.
Q:- Can I drink alcohol with Lenangio 25mg?
Ans:- Avoid drinking alcohol during the treatment with Lenangio 25mg capsules even though no interactions of both are known.
Q:- How long is the treatment with Lenangio 5mg?
Ans:- The doctor decides for how long the treatment will continue depending on the condition, stage, and health of the patient.
Q:- Can I drive after consuming Lenangio 10mg capsules?
Ans:- It is advisable to avoid driving and operating heavy machinery as Lenangio 10mg causes dizziness as one of the side effects.
Q:- Is it safe to take Lenangio capsules during pregnancy?
Ans:- Lenangio 5mg, 10mg, or 25mg can cause harm to the fetus. Hence, it is advisable to avoid the pregnancy or consult the doctor for the same.
Q:- What is the strength of Lenangio capsules?
Ans:- Lenangio capsules are available in three strengths – 5mg, 10mg, and 25mg. The doctor decides which dose should be prescribed to the patient.