Brand name – Prostaxen
Generic name – Apalutamide
Manufacturer – Everest
Strength – 60mg
Dosage Form – Tablet
Composition – Apalutamide
Indication – Prostate Cancer
Storage – below 30° C
Overview of Prostaxen 60mg Tablet
Prostaxen 60mg tablets is a chemotherapy medication that is used in the treatment of prostate cancer. The generic name of this medication is Apalutamide and it is an androgen receptor inhibitor. Prostaxen is a prescription-based medication only meant for use in male patients.
Prostaxen is an androgen receptor inhibitor which binds to the ligand binding domain of the androgen receptor (AR). It blocks the AR signals and also DNA binding. In addition it also slows the transcription and translocation of androgen receptors. As a result androgen concentration decreases and the cancer does not progress. Prostaxen also stops the uncontrollable growth and spreading of the tumour cells.
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Extreme fatigue
- Chest pain
- Swelling of arms and feet
- Shortness of breath
- Swollen glands
- Blisters on skin
- Numbness of arms and feet
- Hot flashes
- Joint pain
Prostaxen 60mg tablets is a prescription-based medication that is given one time a day with or without food.
It is advisable to avoid missing any dose of Prostaxen but in case you miss a dose consult your doctor immediately.
In case of an overdose on Prostaxen 60mg, contact your doctor or any healthcare provider and seek medical attention immediately.
- Prostaxen can cause an allergic reaction in some patients therefore it is necessary to read the complete composition list and consult the doctor in case of any ingredient that induces allergies.
- Inform the doctor about all the vitamin supplements, herbal medications, and prescription and non-prescription drugs since Prostaxen can interact with them.
- Prostaxen 60mg is only meant for treatment in men hence women should avoid this medication.
- In the case of men with female partners, it is advisable to avoid pregnancy during and till three months after the last dose of this medication.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and also avoid operating heavy machinery during the treatment with Prostaxen.
- Inform the doctor about past medical conditions – heart attack, hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, thyroid and bone problems.
- Prostaxen can cause seizures and also affect the muscles and bones. Therefore it increases the risk of getting fractures.
Q - What is Prostaxen 60mg Tablet?
Ans – Prostaxen 60mg tablets is an anticancer tablet that is mainly used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
Q - How can I take Prostaxen 60mg Tablet?
Ans – Prostaxen tablets are taken orally once every day.
Q – From where can I purchase Prostaxen 60mg Tablet?
Ans – Purchase Prostaxen 60mg tablets from Magicine Pharma at a reasonable price.
Q - Where to store Prostaxen 60mg?
Ans - It is advisable to store the Prostaxen tablets at a place below 30°C.
Q - Can I drink alcohol with Prostaxen 60mg Tablet?
Ans - Avoid drinking alcohol during the treatment with Prostaxen 60mg even though no interactions of both are known.
Q - How long is the treatment with Prostaxen 60mg Tablet?
Ans - The doctor decides for how long the treatment with Prostaxen will continue depending on the stage, and health of the patient.
Q - Can I drive after consuming Prostaxen 60mg?
Ans - It is advisable to avoid driving and operating heavy machinery as Prostaxen 60mg causes dizziness and seizures as one of the side effects.
Q - Is it safe to take Prostaxen 60mg during pregnancy?
Ans - Prostaxen is only meant for treatment in male patients.
Q - What is the strength of Prostaxen?
Ans – Prostaxen is available as 60mg tablets.
Prostaxen can interact with some other prescription and non-prescription medicines and interfere with each other’s workings also contact your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines –
Prostaxen can interact with some medical conditions like –
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Liver disorders
- Renal (kidney) impairment
Interactions of alcohol with Prostaxen are unknown however, it is still advisable to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment.
Prostaxen 60mg tablets should not be consumed by patients who show allergic reactions to it.
Apalutamide: Uses, interactions, mechanism of action | DrugBank Online. DrugBank. https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB11901
Apalutamide: MedlinePlus drug information. https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a618018.html
Apalutamide drug interactions. Drugs.com. https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/apalutamide-index.html?filter=3